Beach side luxury on Bruny Island
Bruny Island Getaway is welcoming, contemporary accommodation on Bruny Island, designed with your comfort and luxury in mind.
The property consists of a modern and stylish main house and a separate funky studio retreat (if required).
Both the house and retreat are tastefully furnished and decorated, with original artworks throughout. The main house has two generous bedrooms and the studio sleeps an additional 2 people.
The Main House
- The main house is fronted by a wall of floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors that open onto a wide deck that is perfect for long lazy afternoons with drink in hand. The glass wall provides an eye-catching frame for the stunning views overlooking Nebraska Beach and D’entrecasteaux Channel.
- The large comfortable leather lounge suite and chaise are positioned to make the most of the view, although if you can tear yourself away from looking at the water, you can enjoy the 50" flat screen TV, as well as the DVD/Blu-ray player and a range of DVDs.
- A radio docking station helps provide your favourite music, and can be used with an iPhone 4 or 5 or Android phones.
- A glass fronted slow combustion wood stove is stocked with pre-cut wood, kindling and fire-starters ready for you to enjoy a crackling fire during the cooler days or evenings.
- Need something to read? The main house has a selection of novels as well as a range of jigsaws and board games to while away rainy days or to enjoy long into the evening.
- The bathroom is luxurious and modern, with a large rain shower head to soothe away life's stresses. You can pamper your senses with the gorgeous hand-made soaps. A hair dryer and straightener helps you to look fabulous before you take in one of the many restaurants on the Island.
- The two bedrooms are generously proportioned and all have natural light from large double-glazed windows. Each has premium quality Queen Sized beds, with fluffy down doonas, and extra blankets if needed. Crisp hotel quality linen and a choice of medium and firm pillows ensure you have a blissful nights' sleep.
- While the restaurants are very tempting, you can also prepare wonderful meals in the fully equipped kitchen. Your kitchen is equipped with quality stainless steel appliances including an electric oven and 4 burner gas cooktop and a microwave, as well as a full sized fridge freezer. The pantry is stocked with all the essentials including oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, herbs and basic cereals.
- Of course, given Bruny Island is a foodies paradise, the kitchen is also stocked with the essentials to prepare a memorable meal - wine glasses, oyster shucker, knife block and quality kitchen utensils.
- To accompany those restful hours gazing at the view, a Nespresso Coffee Machine and coffee pods are included, as well as a selection of herbal and other teas.
- You can choose to eat indoors at the beautiful hand-built eight-seat dining table, or at the outdoor dining setting overlooking the beach.
- The studio retreat is ideal for older kids or teenagers needing their own space, or for a additional couple.
- A home-away-from-home, the retreat has a cosy 2-seater sofa, TV, its own dining table and chairs, as well as a comfortable Queen sized bed and a single rollaway bed. The studio also comes with its own ensuite, with shower, vanity and toilet.
- Mobile phone reception (although there may not be service from all providers and no WiFi service).
- There is an electric heater in the studio.
- The property is fully sewered and operates on tank water (there is no town water on Bruny Island).
- All windows are double glazed for added insulation.
- Fully equipped laundry, including washing machine and dryer are available on request.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Outside shower to rinse you off after the beach.